When I go to the States, I get asked this question a lot.
“So, Kate, how was your trip?”
“Ummm, well, actually, I live there. This, this right now is more like a trip.”
Last week, I did go on a TRIP to Greenville, South Carolina for the MTW missions conference. I thought I’d let you know some of the things I did while in Greenville.
1. Rode on a highway with yellow lines in the middle and white lines on the outside. Everyone knew their place and no one strayed from in-between the lines. A novel idea.
2. Put my own milk and sugar in my own coffee. Starbucks, Caribou coffee, wherever. There was always a place to adorn your own coffee. [insert sigh here] I had forgotten how much I love that.
3. Walked at night without worrying about getting robbed or mugged.
4. Slept in a comfy bed with about three blankets on top of me.
5. WORE a JACKET!
6. Drank from the faucet. Oh my, I thought for sure I was going to pick up some sort of parasite.
7. Wore closed-toed shoes without my feet sweating.
8. SKINNY JEANS, no sweat. (I wear them here, but I definitely pay the price in sweat.)
9. Went to Hobby Lobby. I could’ve spent many hours and lots of money. Thankfully, a good friend is one who pushes you out the door when you are bound to empty your account. Thanks, Shannon.
10. Oh, and attended an AMAZING missions conference where I learned lots and made lots of connections.
But….but, the best part was coming back to this.